Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?

Go down 
+3
Blitz
Munroe
thorogoodd
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? Empty
PostSubject: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:48 am

I'll be brief.

I'm looking for a means to work on my writing skills and to keep myself occupied. With school nearing completion I've been hit with a load of free time. So I decided I'm going to write up a whole universe, specifically darker fantasy setting as opposed to the 'high fantasy' realms most people are accustomed too (Lord of the Rings vs Warhammer / Dragon Age).

With this in mind, what would people like to see in a new realm of fantasy lore? I'd like to know what kind of worlds people are craving these days and I figured Aeria was the best place to ask.

And for future reference I am in no way trying to divide the playerbase, or resurrect MousePie or anything of the sort, so don't worry.

Last edited by Zaku on Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:00 am

If you want darker, try looking at the days of the Bubonic Plague. At least, that's the inspiration I would try to draw from.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:15 am

Quote :
or resurrect MousePie or anything of the sort,

b-but the glory
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Some sort of apocalyptic scenario could be nice and dark. I reserve the rights to a fantasy medieval zombie apocalypse setting, but you can think of something else, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:22 pm

intercontinental ballistic magic strikes
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Zaku wrote:
So I decided I'm going to write up a whole universe, specifically darker fantasy setting as opposed to the 'high fantasy' realms most people are accustomed too (Lord of the Rings vs Warhammer / Dragon Age).

aw damn i guess that means no interplanar void ships and mananauts and plane(t) colonies and megalith moth ships
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:20 am

Ive always wanted to read a story about fantasy meeting modern times some way, and not just in the usual secretive fashion. A complete blending of worlds out of the blue and seeing how our world reacts. Be a bit cheesy, maybe, but I'd be interested.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:45 am

Jackxter wrote:
Ive always wanted to read a story about fantasy meeting modern times some way, and not just in the usual secretive fashion. A complete blending of worlds out of the blue and seeing how our world reacts. Be a bit cheesy, maybe, but I'd be interested.

i was running an Rp once that involved D&D in the modern day and the players played as operatives sent out to handle monsters and stuff. Like one mission they had to take on a gang of bugbears, gnolls, and kobolds in the slums of a big city. Pretty much D20 modern. Priests that turned out to be illithids, and all that jazz.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Jackxter wrote:

Wasn't that your RP community? :V
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Na, mine was set in a fantasy universe, wasn't like our own.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Keeper of the Thunderboner, Protector of the Hatefuck Chalice
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:11 pm

d20 modern
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:09 pm

would would you like to see

geez zaku stop stuttering
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Hyperiant wrote:
would would you like to see

geez zaku stop stuttering

Fuck You :)
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:45 am

Oh nice, you actually got SHI-CHI-RO right. And all in the same syllabary.

That's more impressive than it should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?   What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see in a Fantasy Universe?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Boards :: General Chat-
Jump to: