Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laeira Nesafar

Go down 
+7
Pat
Spadge
Cakebread
Munroe
thorogoodd
Markka
Foshizzle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laeira Nesafar   Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:49 am

Munroe wrote:
Rutabega wrote:
Mind you 14 440 000 is the law for the total amount of Elves on the face of Aeria, as per the concord.

So if a census revealed there were more elves on that, the concord would... thin the herd?

I thought they were supposed to be nice :(

Well, it depends on whether or not they ever rejected the law in the first place. If they didn't, they are true elves in their eyes. Rightfully part of their nation, holding a sacred place as one of the 1,440,000. However, this would also mean the Elves would expect them to start conducting more orthodox elven rituals and the worship of the gods of the Concord.

If they rejected the law, it makes them less than true elves in their eyes. But they wouldn't really expect them to start obeying the law now; nor would they want it, because it would mean that true elves were being born - stolen, if you will, from the 1,440,000 that should rightfully live in the Isles - among apostate elves.[/quote]

also,

Quote :
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvelous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
— Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Laeira Nesafar   Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:45 pm

I am accepting this. From what I've seen and through the RP I've done with her she is capable of good RP. Respectable ICly and OOCly while being funny and probably one of the more well off new plays as of now. Of course, an accept. Welcome to Aeria.
Back to top Go down
Foshizzle
Scrub
Foshizzle

PostSubject: Re: Laeira Nesafar   Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Elaborated on the skills, updated inventory.
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Laeira Nesafar   Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:35 am

I know I'm a bit to late to the party, but about the name of this character, I'd just like to point out that nobody had a problem with the fact that my character's (Brenna) last name is Arrakis, the setting of Dune.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Laeira Nesafar   Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:28 am

Critical Tortoise wrote:
I know I'm a bit to late to the party, but about the name of this character, I'd just like to point out that nobody had a problem with the fact that my character's (Brenna) last name is Arrakis, the setting of Dune.

That's because it's a more subtle reference. If your character was named "Muad'Dib Arrakis", that would be an issue. Likewise, "Mithlond Lothlorien" just sticks out like a sore thumb with its obviousness. Though "Shelob Razel" is also pretty obvious...

I guess if it's just one name (either the first name or surname) that's a reference, it's okay. But you should avoid it if you can.
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Laeira Nesafar   Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 am

Well, actually, I wasn't even picking the name Arrakis so much for the reference as it sounded nice. But whatever. This isn't Brenna's thread, it's Laeira's. And I thought at first it was actually a reference to Foshizzle's character on the apparently now-defunct MERP, Laeirla'Von nar Moreh.

Clearly I didn't get the reference, though that might be because I'm a reader of science fiction, not fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Laeira Nesafar   Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:26 am

I think this has a general concensus of approval, and it's been in here long enough.

I'll move it. Burn me if you object. :V
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laeira Nesafar   Laeira Nesafar - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Laeira Nesafar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: