Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brad Burns

Go down 
+3
Xeloras
Hyperiant
Bradburns
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Appearance:
Brad Burns Assassin__s_creed_by_spydi_mel-d3e4mdc

Full Name: Brad Burns;
Nickname(s:( Burns;
Race: Human;
Languages: Common;
Birthplace: Village of Harshire;

Abilities:
Excellent Stamina and Endurance
Great Ability with a Knife or two
Good shot with a bow

Faults:
Paranoid
Tries to get every female he finds for his own (After the trail, starting thinking that he should respect girls more and give them enough space to let them be-friend Brad)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Favored Enemy: His targets
Favored Weapon: Daggers of the Fallen (Taken)

Reason behind "Daggers of the Fallen": Brad obtained the daggers from his father, who was a assassin before him but ended up quitting due to his state of mind after his last contract. Brad was able to grab the daggers from his father and set out on his own adventure. The guards took Brad's daggers and bow forever so Brad thinks that he mgiht as wel lkiss his daggers goodbye, no point to steal them back after he was set free.

New Dagger: Dagger of Kelemvor

Reason behind the Dagger of Kelemvor: Brad was so close to death twice in such a short time, he was given a reward for still being alive, though Brad believes that Deities don't exist, he is starting to.

Stats:

Melee, skilled with daggers and short swords. Trained with his father daily before the insanity set in.

Archery, skilled with his bow. Brad uses a normal wooden bow and can hit the chest of a man 100 feet away.

Magic, knows Fire Magic, can summon a small fireball to light firewood or cook a fish, his spell is not powerful enough to kill someone or even put a dent in someone's armor.

Ability Score:
Strength: 12
Constitution: 13
Dexterity: 17
Intellect: 6
Wisdom: 7
Charisma: 18

Apparel:
Shirtless, covered with scars
Leather boots with black leather pants
Right side of Brad's face is burned and now his whole face has many claw scars

Hair Color: Dark Brown;
Hair Style: Normal;
Eye Color: Green;
Skin Tone: Black;
Height: 6'1";
Weight: 151 lb.
Body Type: Stocky, and lean;

Backstory:
Brad lived with his father in Hartshire, Brad's father made a living by being a assassin, even though he would leave weeks at a time. Soon Brad's father started to get paranoid and carry antidotes with him and even had a hidden blade in his boot for any assassin trying to attack him. Brad learned to live with it, him and his father had a code when together, "Live ready or die unprepared". Soon around Brad's 18th year of birth, his father went out on a contract to kill a shopkeeper. Brad wouldn't see his father for another 2 years. A week after Brad turned 20, his father opened the door to their small house and started bashing his daggers at Brad. "Who are you and what have you done with my son!?" yell Brad's father, tackling Brad into a wall. "Dad, it's me." grunted Brad as he was thrown on the ground. Brad looked at his father and realized something bad happened. Brad's father was about to cut Brad when guards ran into the house and tackled Brad's father to the ground, the captain of the guard ran over to Brad saying "Are you alright boy?" Brad nodded, his father still screaming "Get off me, my son is gone, I must find him!"

Brad's father was put in a cell and Brad was able to visit when he needed to. Brad was able to get the story about what happened when the guards said his father has been talking in his sleep. Somehow he was founded out and was taken by the target's bodyguards, from their he was toured for 7 months and was able to escape and had to walk back to Hartshire. Soon Brad was getting letters by his fathers employers, demanding him to do jobs and they would pay large amounts of money in return. Brad understood his need for survival and the only way to live was to kill it seemed at the time. Brad found his Dad's daggers next to his holding cell and was able to slip them past the guards. Brad was able to find a horse and bought it from the stables for a low price. Soon Brad was on his way to his first employer, a man named Frost.

Other the course of four years, Brad was hired by guards to hunt bandits, bandits to hunt guards, Brad didn't mind, if the contract had great pay, he would do it. Though Brad has a soft spot of girls, usually he called them "Maidens", he would never follow through a contract on a girl, and usually tell the girl about it and tell his employer that the girl was dead. Brad sometimes worked alone, other times with a platoon, but Brad liked to work alone, with big groups come big problems Brad usually said. During a contract, Brad found himself freezing in the woods when a mage came upon him next to a fallen tree. The Mage knew a bit of fire magic and helped warm Brad up. Brad asked the Mage "Can you teach me how to light a fire?" The Mage smiled "At a cost." Brad grabbed his coin purse and tossed it at the Mage, "Should be enough." The Mage nodded and helped teach Brad a little of fire magic, only the need to start a fire or cook something. Brad thanked the Mage and when sleeping near each other, Brad walked over to the Mage sleeping and slit his throat. taking his shillings back "Glad I get a refund" Brad told himself and pulled out a piece of paper. "Fire Mage Olgren, dead" Brad said as he check off his list. Brad put his piece of paper away and started walking back to his employer's building.

Brad was set to work with Frost when Brad turned 24, a old employer and a new friend. Brad and Frost's job was to find and kill a paladin because he "found something he shouldn't", they weren't told the name of the man in case they went rouge. Brad and Frost soon traveled to the city of Surna, based in the Kingdom of Sanctimonia. When Brad and Frost arrived a month later in the town, they noticed something, the place was quite calm, almost a ghost town. Brad turned to Frost and said "Right place right?" Frost nodded "I know where we are you twit." Brad sighed and looked around, Frost did the same, but then all of a sudden, they head someone yelling "OH BY THE 9 HELLS NAY, YE BETTER TLUINING NOT YE TIFF TAFFEN GIT!" Brad and Frost had jumped at the sudden noise, "Tavern." said Frost and moved with care, Brad followed behind. Brad and Frost arrived at the Tavern door and looked through the window and saw a man in armor was yelling at a drunk. Brad looked over to Frost "This the guy?" Frost pulled out a scroll and looked at the drawing of the target "Yeah." Brad went for his bow on his back and drew a arrow, dipped in a deadly poison, "Ready to take this guy out, not many people in the Tavern anyways." Frost was looking at the paladin through the window, "He seems......" Frost then looked like something stunned him. "What?" said Brad, "I know him." replied Frost. Brad sighed "Friend?", "You can say that." said Frost. "Saved me from a goblin attack a few years ago, Deven is his name." Brad looked back at Deven through the window, who was now cleaning glasses, "You still want to kill him?" Frost shakes his head "Not really, might as well tell the boss we killed him, get some money before he finds out we didn't do it." Brad nodded "Do you want to talk to him at least?" Frost looked at Brad "Guess I should, might as well know why he is wanted dead." Brad nodded and put his bow away, "After you" said Brad as he opened the door.

A month after that Brad found himself still in the town, but without Frost. Brad now hunts to make due, money and food-wise, usually goes down to the river where most game like to be, drinking from the river so they can live. Since then, Brad and Deven have become friends, Brad refers to Deven as "Beef" and Deven calls Brad "Chummber." Brad likes to sit around in the Tavern, speaking to Deven and hitting on the girls there, even though he usually ends up getting hurt or sad. Brad has also made friends with the Town's Blacksmith "Charles", he usually trades Brad armor for deer skins. Brad was soon liking the town until he was first arrested, under the count of Sexual Harassment, he spent a day in the dungeon but liked having someone feed him for a change. Soon though Brad began to bit off more then he can chew and soon was injured in a attempt on a Wolf's life in the woods. On his way back up to the town for medical treatment, Brad was dragged back down the path to the City to a pond by a man named Robert, who Brad almost fought for pulling a sword out on him. Brad doesn't remember much, just that he almost was drowned and a sword almost killing him.

Brad soon came to in the dungeons, Brad yelled "Hey, why am I in here!" A man yelled back "Because you broke the law?" Brad was soon confused but his wounds still weren't treated and he felt faint. A man called from the shadows "Ah, another victim of the guards, yes?" Brad nodded "I guess." The man laughed "Wounded too, I must patch you up, I am a doctor." Brad was patched up by the man and when the Doctor was done, he leaned over at Brad "The guards will be here any moment, they didn't take your weapons yes?" Brad looked down at his hip, his daggers still there "What it looks like" said Brad as he looked back up at the man. The Doctor smiled "Good, now if you want, we can fight back and run or stay in this rotting dungeon." Brad looked at the Doctor and says "I'd rather face what's coming to me, even if I don't know what it is." The Doctor sighed "Alright, your plan then." as the Doctor pulled out a small firearm. Soon, a knock came on the door, "We are here to take your weapons, leave them at the door." Brad and the Doctor walked over to the door and dropped their weapons. "We are coming in" said a guard and opened the door and quickly grabbed the weapons. Brad sighed "Well, time to wait."

The doctor got let go and promised Brad he would be back to check on him later, Brad sighed "Don't get arrested again." The Doctor laughed "Of course not" and walked out of the dungeon with the guards. Brad was alone, though he could hear voices. After a hour, the Doctor came back "Hello my friend." The Doctor leaned close "I brought a dagger for you, the guards are coming to get you, I have a plan." and handed Brad the dagger. Brad sighed "Don't put your life on the line for me, i'm just another criminal, but I will take the dagger in good faith" and took the dagger, hiding it in his pants. The Doctor opened his mouth to say something when a guard opened the Dungeon door "On the wall, your trial is starting." Brad did what the man said and was tied up and pushed into a small courtroom, where most of the citizens were standing about. The trial was a short one, 6 counts of Sexual Harassment, 3 counts of Stalking, Attempted Murder, two Threats, and just be a Assassin. But yet, Brad was able to dim down the charges, most were false. Now the charges were 5 counts of Sexual Harassment and being a failed Assassin. 5000 Shillings to the girls Brad harassed and 15 lashes.

Brad was now outside, his weapons taken and even his shirt. He was broke and had no way to hunt. Brad sighed "Now it's time to beg" Brad thought, but then remembered "The dagger!" Brad gasped and reached inside his pants, he pulled out a small steel dagger, carved into the side was "Kelemvor". Brad now noticed the handle was blood red and it looked sorta like the blade was.......bleeding. Brad kicked the idea out of his mind and placed the dagger in his sheath on his hip. Brad walked over to the Tavern where Deven was and looked through the window "Oh how happy I would be if you were dead" Brad thought and walked outside of the town to live alone for a bit, only coming back to trade with Charles in secret.

Last edited by Bradburns on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Needs to be moved to Approval. And the picture is huge.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Administrator
Xeloras

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:48 pm

Moved to approval.
Back to top Go down
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Sorry if the picture was too big, couldn't find a black man with a Black Hood without him holding a gun :/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Bradburns wrote:
Favored Weapon: Daggers of the Fallen

Could you explain what these are? :D

Good character and page though.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:25 am

Aside from the Daggers which should be clarified, the skill bars are unnecessarily difficult to read. You could do something about them, because right now it's hard to tell how skilled he is. Also, the picture of... Enzio feels a tad out of place, but alright.

Improve on those and write a backstory, even an abridged summary of it, and this'll be worthy of an approval, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Yeah, the daggers are just steel daggers but have a name after Brad stole them from his father. Him being a failed Assassin, he won't go around killing everyone for fun, though if he is paid by a unknown employer, he would take it.

I have also followed my weaknesses, I have been beat up by two females for flirting and put in jail for it :(
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm

YES SOMEONE MORE TARDED WITH DE LADIES

Brad Burns has set the line between Romanticly stupid and Creepy scary.

Looks like we got a new MHP (Most hilariously pwned) in Olden and its not me anymore!

YES IM FREE!
Waiting for applause from fellow mates since well I've been topped officially and witnessed by a bunch of people.

Burns did it at Warp 10,
Gonna make achievement jpg on my char page.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Cakebread wrote:

Looks like we got a new MHP (Most hilariously pwned) in Olden and its not me anymore!

YES IM FREE!
Waiting for applause from fellow mates since well I've been topped officially and witnessed by a bunch of people.

Burns did it at Warp 10,

Being knocked from first place as the biggest failure is hardly cause for celebration. And that hasn't happened yet.
Back to top Go down
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:58 am

Munroe wrote:
Cakebread wrote:

YES IM FREE!

Burns did it at Warp 10,

Being knocked from first place as the biggest failure is hardly cause for celebration. And that hasn't happened yet.

I was beat up by girls and arrested, I think my guy is in first place at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Updated my backstory with current events.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm not sure who this Frost is you keep mentioning. Is he a character played by anyone on server?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the exuberant amounts of money you handed out to the women you harassed you gained from Frost, your employer? I'll be honest, that sounds like you're just pulling money out of thin air, and taking contracts to assassinate characters from someone at the very least without a page.

This just screams problematic, and it has generated a lot of problems, namely the players now armed with 5000 fictional shillings.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Keeper of the Thunderboner, Protector of the Hatefuck Chalice
Psyche

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:36 am

Quote :
Magic, A little bit of practice, can summon a small fireball but cannot harm anyone with it.

Is that the only magic he's capable of? What's the point?
Back to top Go down
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:51 am

Psyche wrote:
Quote :
Magic, A little bit of practice, can summon a small fireball but cannot harm anyone with it.

I can light a small fire, campfires and cook a fish.
Back to top Go down
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 am

Krug wrote:
I'm not sure who this Frost is you keep mentioning. Is he a character played by anyone on server?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the exuberant amounts of money you handed out to the women you harassed you gained from Frost, your employer? I'll be honest, that sounds like you're just pulling money out of thin air, and taking contracts to assassinate characters from someone at the very least without a page.

This just screams problematic, and it has generated a lot of problems, namely the players now armed with 5000 fictional shillings.

Frost was a char on the server for a bit with me and hasn't played since, me and him were buds and what not. He left the town and still did contracts while my char stayed, Brad has since hunted for food and skins and Frost has been sending him little amounts of his pay since Frost wanted Brad to keep a eye out on Deven for him.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Keeper of the Thunderboner, Protector of the Hatefuck Chalice
Psyche

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:56 am

Bradburns wrote:
Psyche wrote:
Quote :

I can light a small fire, campfires and cook a fish.

You need to be specific when a character is capable of magic. Magic of any sorts is never something a character just "picks up" somewhere on the fly. If Brad knows fire magic, then how did he learn it? "Practicing it" is not a valid explanation. More importantly, it needs to be said outright that it's fire magic, instead of leaving us to assume he's capable of whatever magic he wishes.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 pm

I agree with the above post 100%. Magic is very complicated; to even know how to summon controlled flames is very tough, and would be a pretty useful skill to have in combat, which makes this character that much more powerful.

I don't think it would be a deal-breaker here, but you should let us know about it during approval.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Bradburns wrote:
Frost was a char on the server for a bit with me and hasn't played since, me and him were buds and what not. He left the town and still did contracts while my char stayed, Brad has since hunted for food and skins and Frost has been sending him little amounts of his pay since Frost wanted Brad to keep a eye out on Deven for him.

I'll be honest, it still sounds like a way to gain free money, especially when Frost might as well be a random char, given his lack of a formal presence in the RP. For me, it's a tad too unbalancing. As long as you tone down how much money he has I'd consider this for approval.

Also Psyche's points, don't feel like you have to include magic just because. It tends to be a specialised or dedicated thing.
Back to top Go down
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Krug wrote:
Bradburns wrote:

I'll be honest, it still sounds like a way to gain free money, especially when Frost might as well be a random char, given his lack of a formal presence in the RP. For me, it's a tad too unbalancing. As long as you tone down how much money he has I'd consider this for approval.

Also Psyche's points, don't feel like you have to include magic just because. It tends to be a specialised or dedicated thing.

So are you going to tell me what I can change or do or just let me have free game again?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Oops. Should've replied to this a lot sooner.

I'd suggest just dropping Frost as a source of income, unless he suddenly decides to join and become a proper, accepted member. Otherwise it's just money for nothing and chicks for free.

Approval pending under the condition that you don't work for a fictitious employer. There's a lot of ways to make money other than that.

Also, magic is really something that's rarer in the current age. If he doesn't know it as a full on mage style skill, then there's no sense in him knowing it at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brad Burns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Burns   Brad Burns Empty

Back to top Go down

Brad Burns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium :: Denied-
Jump to: