Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leon Valendro

Go down 
+2
Judge Gambit
McChunks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
McChunks
Scrublet
McChunks

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 pm

(Sorry for the huge picture, will resize later)

Leon Valendro Archer_by_youxiandaxia-d30fwa2

Leon Valendro
A hooded man sits quietly upon a rock, looking down from the peak of a great mountain. His long brown hair sways as the air current passes by. He removes his bow and quiver from his back and place them by his side. He sits alone, with no one for miles close to see him. The faint sound of an eagle, and the rushing winds are only to be heard up on the peak. He crosses his legs, closing his eyes as he quietly reflects on his journey so far.

The Beginning
The only thing Leon remembered about his home village was that it was a big on farming. His parents, worked in the fields day after day. He had no siblings and received most of his parents attention when they weren't busy attending the crops. When Leon turned ten years old, he was playing around in the barn, talking to the animals and feeding them. He climbed up to the second floor of the barn and found a large rectangular box. It had his fathers initials on it and he opened it with haste. He found a very old wooden bow and five arrows. He also found, what looked to him as a bunch of circles, a bullseye target. His father happened to walk into the barn to check up on Leon and found him digging through his old trunk. He went up and kneeled next to Leon.
"You know what this is son?"
Leon shook his head, he ran his hands down the smooth wood and tightly bound string.
His father smiled,
"It's a bow. Here, let me show you how to hold it."
His father taught him how to properly hold it and even how to shoot one of the arrows. Leon soon became obsessed with the bow and came into the barn every day to use it. He set up the target and set up his shots, always hitting the third ring out of the six. He and his dad practiced with the bow almost everyday, and Leon seemed to have a knack for it.

A young prodigy
Once Leon had turned 17, he could of hit any target blindfolded. He was no longer hitting the target on the third ring...Oh, he was hitting it on the bullseye every time. His skill had increased, and he was better than his father previously was. The next step was to do something challenging. Leon decided to enter in his villages annual friendly rivalry with the other farming village about a mile away. These two villages held events to see which village was better, for bragging rights. The main event was all about archery so, Leon had to join. The date rolled around, and rumors spread about his talent, but only his father truly knew of his skill. Leon was matched against a rather short boy, but supposedly the winner every year so far from the opposing village. The first target was 50 ft away, easy for both of them. The trumpets blew and their arrows flew, both getting bullseyes on the target. The next target was 75 ft away, and they both scored bullseyes again. Leons opponent looked worried, he had never seen someone with such confidence against him. The next target, 100, then 150 and then 200. The target was moved all the way to 360 ft away, where it would be decided. Leon let go of his arrow and it cut the air in the front of it, cutting through the middle of the air, hurdling towards his target as did his opponents arrow. Unfortunately, his opponent wasn't good enough, and missed by 10 ft. His village rejoiced as they had finally won the archery event. The villagers lifted up Leon and carried him back home, as they cheered and drank to their victory.

Mother? Father? Where art thou?
As the village celebrated, Leon and a handful of his friends went off into the forest to celebrate themselves. They went deep within' the dense forest to come before a great hot spring. Leon and his friends mingled by the water and stayed around for a few hours before they began to head home. He was tired from the long day, and needed some rest badly. Unfortunately, Leon and his friends did not expect what was before them. A pillar of black smoke rose into the sky from where their village was. They scrambled to ontop of a small hill where they could see their village being burnt to the ground. Several men wearing all black road around with longswords and maces, trampling over their friends and family. Leon saw his mother run from their house, he wanted to scream out for her, but he couldn't. He was speechless as he watched the horrific slaughter of everyone he knew. His mother ran towards the fields as a horseback rider swept up from behind her, twirling his sword in his hand. He watched as the rider slashed at his mother and she dropped into the fields. He could see his dad in his burning house, the riders circling around it, throwing torches at the various buildings around. Leon turned away from the scene and ran back into the forest. He ran through it, traveling deeper and deeper, past the springs. He had never gotten this far before, but that didn't bother him. He only wanted to escape from what was behind him. He found refuge in a large hole cut into the very bottom of a massive tree. He laid on the floor as night fell...but...his nightmares prevented him from getting any real sleep.

With friends like these
As he woke the next morning, he was startled by two figures. They were rather tall and very sleek. Their ears also looked rather strange. He shook his head as he regained his scattered thoughts. Upon looks back up at the two, he realized that these weren't just any people....they were Elves from the secret village rumored to be somewhere within the forest. He had only heard stories, but he wasn't as excited as he wanted to be. They gave him a hand up, and spoke with him briefly. They took him back to their small village of elves and he explained to them his story. He decided to live with these elves for the time being... He figured that it couldn't hurt him, since these Elves were supposedly fast and agile, and he could use some help within those fields. He made friends with the Elven people quickly and began his training under one of the most renounced hunters in their village.

Completion
To be written

The "important stuff" you guys care about for approving my shit:
STUFF
Full Name: Leon Valendro
Race: Human.
Place of Birth: N/A
Languages Spoken: Common; (Is there some sort of Elvish language? If so then ELVISH ALSO)
Alignment & Personality: Chaotic Neutral. He prefers to do things his way, rather than anyone elses way.
Appearance: Leon is 6ft 1in. and generally wears a black hooded cloak on top of his half-armor. He's white, has long brown hair with deep blue eyes. He has no scars or marks on his face or body. He has a skinny yet toned body.

Skills

-Swords: 2/10 Leon learned the bare minimum of sword fighting from his friends over his years, but was never very much interested.

-Daggers: 6/10 Leon learned quickly how to use a knife for those situations that go wrong and you can't seem to use your bow. He learned the way of the dagger from his Elven friends back in the forest.

-Agility: 6/10 Leon is quick and dangerous. He learned from the village of woodland elves how to be quick on his feet and move without running into things all the time.

-Archery: 6/10 Leon is an expert archer, learning from his father and the expert hunters in the forest village of elves.

-Unarmed Combat: 0/10 Leon never learned basic hand-to-hand combat, and has to rely on his other skills for close quarters combat.

-Strength: 3/10 Leon isn't very strong. The only thing going for him strength wise is when he pulls the string back on his bow.

-Magic: 0/10 Leon never learned any sort of magic.

-Charisma: 7/10 Leon had a way with talking to people and getting them to side with him. He always seemed so polite and seemed to get on everyones good side. Especially when he WANTED something,

-Firearms: 0/10 Leon has no idea how to use a firearm...but he figures it fires just like a crossbow...except with a metal ball or something....

If I'm missing anything, seriously...tell me...I'll edit it in....

It's also Almost 10pm and I'm tired as all hell soooooo......Please post any errors, grammatically or whatever....

P.S. I suck at backstories.

Last edited by McChunks on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
McChunks
Scrublet
McChunks

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Oh shit right, Inventory!

INVENTORY:
A bow
Steel Tipped Arrows x10
and a Steel Dagger
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Your story is seems fine in my books, unless Munroe gets anal about something. The only issue I see is the skills may need to be tuned down in agility, archery, and daggers.

Here's the skill reference.

0-2 skill points: Novice level
3-5 skill points: Apprentice level
6-8 skill points: Journeyman level
9 skill points: Expert level
10 skill points: Master
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Gambit wrote:
Your story is seems fine in my books, unless Munroe gets anal about something.

You know it.

But actually, the only thing I see wrong is the skills, like you said, Gambit. The bio makes it sound like he's some super-expert archer who can hit targets blindfolded (I fail to see how that's even possible). His skill is slightly below what the bio suggests, but still a little high in my opinion. I'd like to see this character in action before deciding on it.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:44 pm

McChunks wrote:
Leon Valendro
A hooded man sits quietly upon a rock, looking down from the peak of a great mountain. His long brown hair sways as the air current passes by. He removes his bow and quiver from his back and places them by his side. He sits alone, with no one for miles close to see him. The faint sound of an eagle and the rushing winds are the only things heard up on the peak. He crosses his legs, closing his eyes as he quietly reflects on his journey so far.

The Beginning
The only thing Leon remembered about his home village was that it was a big on farming. His parents worked in the fields day after day. He had no siblings and received most of his parents attention when they weren't busy attending the crops. One day, when Leon was ten years old, he was playing around in the barn, talking to the animals and feeding them. He climbed up to the second floor of the barn and found a large rectangular box. It had his fathers initials on it and he opened it with haste. He found a very old wooden bow and five arrows. He also found, though at the time it looked to him as a bunch of circles, a bullseye target. His father happened to walk into the barn to check up on Leon and found him digging through his old trunk. He went up and kneeled next to Leon.
"You know what this is, son?"
Leon shook his head. He ran his hands down the smooth wood and tightly bound string.
His father smiled and said,
"It's a bow. Here, let me show you how to hold it."
His father taught him how to properly hold it and even how to shoot one of the arrows. Leon soon became obsessed with the bow and came into the barn every day to use it. He set up the target and set up his shots, always hitting the third ring out of the six. He and his dad practiced with the bow almost everyday, and Leon seemed to have a knack for it.

A young prodigy
Once Leon had turned 17, he could have hit any target blindfolded. He was no longer hitting the target on the third ring...no,, he was hitting it on the bullseye every time. His skill had increased, and he was better than even his father. The next step was to do something challenging. Leon decided to enter in his village's annual competition with the other farming village about a mile away. These two villages held events to see which village was better, for bragging rights. The main event was all about archery, so Leon had to join. The date rolled around, and rumors spread about his talent, but only his father knew his true skill. Leon was matched against a rather short boy, but supposedly the current champion from the opposing village. The first target was 50 ft away, easy for both of them. The trumpets blew and their arrows flew, both getting bullseyes on the target. The next target was 75 ft away, and they both scored bullseyes again. Leons opponent looked worried, as he had never seen someone with such confidence against him. The next target: 100. Then 150 and then 200. The target was moved all the way to 360 ft away, where the winner would be decided. Leon let go of his arrow and it cut the air in the front of it, cutting through the heart of the air and hurdling towards his target—as did his opponents arrow. Unfortunately, his opponent wasn't good enough, and missed by 10 ft. His village rejoiced as they had finally won the archery event. The villagers lifted up Leon and carried him back home, as they cheered and drank to their victory.

Mother? Father? Where art thou?
As the village celebrated, Leon and a handful of his friends went off into the forest to celebrate themselves. They went deep within' the dense forest to come before a great hot spring. Leon and his friends mingled by the water and stayed around for a few hours before they began to head home. He was tired from the long day, and needed some rest badly. Unfortunately, Leon and his friends were not prepared for what awaited them. A pillar of black smoke rose into the sky from where their village was. They scrambled atop a small hill where they could see their village being burnt to the ground. Several men wearing all black rode around with longswords and maces, trampling over their friends and family. Leon saw his mother run from their house. He wanted to scream out for her, but he couldn't. He was speechless as he watched the horrific slaughter of everyone he knew. His mother ran towards the fields as a horseback rider swept up from behind her, twirling his sword in his hand. He watched as the rider slashed at his mother and she dropped into the fields. He could see his dad in his burning house, the riders circling around it, throwing torches at the various buildings around. Leon turned away from the scene and ran back into the forest. He ran through it, traveling deeper and deeper, past the springs. He had never gotten this far before, but that didn't bother him. He only wanted to escape from what was behind him. He found refuge in a large hole cut into the very bottom of a massive tree. He laid on the floor as night fell...but...his nightmares prevented him from getting any real sleep.

With friends like these
As he awoke the next morning, he was startled by two figures. They were rather tall and very sleek. Their ears also looked rather strange. He shook his head as he regained his scattered thoughts. Upon looking back up at the two, he realized that these weren't just any people...they were Elves from the secret village rumored to be somewhere within the forest. He had only heard stories, but he wasn't as excited as he wanted to be. They gave him a hand up, and spoke with him briefly. They took him back to their small village of elves and he explained to them his story. He decided to live with these elves for the time being... He figured that it couldn't hurt him, since these Elves were supposedly fast and agile, and he could use some help within those fields. He made friends with the Elven people quickly and began his training under one of the most renowned hunters in their village.

Completion
To be written

The "important stuff" you guys care about for approving my shit:
STUFF
Full Name: Leon Valendro
Race: Human.
Place of Birth: N/A
Languages Spoken: Common; (Is there some sort of Elvish language? If so then ELVISH ALSO)
Alignment & Personality: Chaotic Neutral. He prefers to do things his way, rather than anyone else's way.
Appearance: Leon is 6ft 1in. and generally wears a black hooded cloak on top of his half-armor. He's white and has long brown hair with deep blue eyes. He has no scars or marks on his face or body. He has a skinny yet toned body.

Skills

-Swords: 2/10 Leon learned the bare minimum of sword fighting from his friends over his years, but was never very much interested.

-Daggers: 8/10 Leon learned quickly how to use a knife for those situations that go wrong and you can't seem to use your bow. He learned the way of the dagger from his Elven friends back in the forest.

-Agility: 9/10 Leon is quick and dangerous. He learned from the village of woodland elves how to be quick on his feet and move without running into things all the time.

-Archery: 8/10 Leon is an expert archer, learning from his father and the expert hunters in the forest village of elves.

-Unarmed Combat: 0/10 Leon never learned basic hand-to-hand combat, and has to rely on his other skills for close quarters combat.

-Strength: 3/10 Leon isn't very strong. The only thing going for him strength wise is when he pulls the string back on his bow.

-Magic: 0/10 Leon never learned any sort of magic.

-Charisma: 7/10 Leon had a way with talking to people and getting them to side with him. He always seemed so polite and seemed to get on everyones good side. Especially when he WANTED something,

-Firearms: 0/10 Leon has no idea how to use a firearm...but he figures it fires just like a crossbow...except with a metal ball or something....

If I'm missing anything, seriously...tell me...I'll edit it in....

It's also Almost 10pm and I'm tired as all hell soooooo......Please post any errors, grammatically or whatever...

P.S. I suck at backstories.
ASKED FOR IT

Good backstory. Though I am extremely worried about the mastery of agility, daggers, and bows. I mean, stick to one or tone them all down. It seems excessive.
Back to top Go down
Themodtester
Scrublet
Themodtester

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 am

hyperiant, sometimes I wonder how you can do this without getting bored
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 am

it's because i'm obsessive compulsive
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:59 am

Hyperiant wrote:
it's because i'm obsessive compulsive

well aren't you dark edgy and cool
Back to top Go down
McChunks
Scrublet
McChunks

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:38 am

Ah, I was actually quite worried about that, as I had no idea what the set like markers and all that was for the skills. No, he can't actually hit a target blindfolded, it was more just a figure of speech (Verdad?). And as for the basic words I decided to use in my bio, I say to you, the grammatical nazis of the internet-

Expect my shit to be fixed and updated PRONTO.

Leon Valendro You+shall+deal+with+it
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:12 am

Okay, I'll give this my accept. Just be careful not to powergame.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:26 am

Munroe wrote:
Okay, I'll give this my accept. Just be careful not to powergame.

Wise words, and I will also throw in my accept.
Back to top Go down
McChunks
Scrublet
McChunks

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Right on right on
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 am

So after almost a full month in approval I'm going to throw in an accept here. Any issues with skill can be resolved after seeing how McChunks roleplays the character (assuming you're still around, McChunks).
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 am

I don't even know why this was in approval so long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leon Valendro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leon Valendro   Leon Valendro Empty

Back to top Go down

Leon Valendro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: