Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brenna Arrakis

Go down 
+9
Bradburns
thorogoodd
Spadge
Xeloras
Judge Gambit
Hyperiant
Markka
Munroe
Critical Tortoise
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 am

Spadge wrote:
The archery I would like to see toned down a tad, especially considering the military wouldn't be training anyone in use of a bow.

Huh? Why not?
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:39 am

Munroe wrote:
Spadge wrote:
The archery I would like to see toned down a tad, especially considering the military wouldn't be training anyone in use of a bow.

Huh? Why not?

"Brenna is an incredibly skilled archer, able to make shots some could only dream of due to her military training, combined with her prior experience with hunting."

As far as I know, the Surnan military trains its regular troops in the use of firearms almost exclusively. So the argument that Brenna can pull off shots with a bow that could leave normal archers awestruck, as a result of military training, doesn't make sense to me. I could be taking the description of her skill out of proportion, but as for archery training from the military, that's something best left up to our resident military buff, Rutabega.
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:04 am

Spadge wrote:
Munroe wrote:
Spadge wrote:

Huh? Why not?

"Brenna is an incredibly skilled archer, able to make shots some could only dream of due to her military training, combined with her prior experience with hunting."

As far as I know, the Surnan military trains its regular troops in the use of firearms almost exclusively. So the argument that Brenna can pull off shots with a bow that could leave normal archers awestruck, as a result of military training, doesn't make sense to me. I could be taking the description of her skill out of proportion, but as for archery training from the military, that's something best left up to our resident military buff, Rutabega.

Yes, perhaps I should've thought that out more thoroughly. I remember that upon recruitment, Stom Razel said to Brenna that there weren't any bows in the outfit, though I assumed he was talking about a specific squad or such, not the Black Watch itself. And Brenna is by now means a master archer, though I would say she's fairly close. It's more along the lines of if she was in an archery competition or something, she'd most likely win hands-down, but she's not going to be able to, say, hit a fast-moving target exactly where she wants to from a few hundred feet away.

However, it's not like she's even gotten much of a chance to show off her skills anyway. I tried to keep her from being considered overpowered in as best a way I could, though if people agree she is, I can definitely tone it down. I would like to point out, however, that archers are only useful if they have bows, just as a rifleman is just a man without his rifle.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 am

Critical Tortoise wrote:
Spadge wrote:
Munroe wrote:
Spadge wrote:

Huh? Why not?

Yes, perhaps I should've thought that out more thoroughly. I remember that upon recruitment, Stom Razel said to Brenna that there weren't any bows in the outfit, though I assumed he was talking about a specific squad or such, not the Black Watch itself. And Brenna is by now means a master archer, though I would say she's fairly close. It's more along the lines of if she was in an archery competition or something, she'd most likely win hands-down, but she's not going to be able to, say, hit a fast-moving target exactly where she wants to from a few hundred feet away.

However, it's not like she's even gotten much of a chance to show off her skills anyway. I tried to keep her from being considered overpowered in as best a way I could, though if people agree she is, I can definitely tone it down. I would like to point out, however, that archers are only useful if they have bows, just as a rifleman is just a man without his rifle.

The problem I have with her skill in archery, is that she's only been 'awake' for a very short amount of time. It takes a lifetime of constant training to become a master archer, which is one of the reasons armies of the day make the switch to firearms. I don't see that there's any reason given that adequately explains why she has this incredible skill in archery.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:05 am

Spadge wrote:
she's only been 'awake' for a very short amount of time. It takes a lifetime of constant training to become a master archer,

I think Spadge raises a very valid point here. 21 is a sort of 'hmmm' age as it is, but when you bring in her backstory it gets a bit more questionable.

I only worry about this, of course, because of her recent insanity- and how bad being a loon and a really good archer might end up. :V
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 am

Spadge wrote:

The problem I have with her skill in archery, is that she's only been 'awake' for a very short amount of time. It takes a lifetime of constant training to become a master archer, which is one of the reasons armies of the day make the switch to firearms. I don't see that there's any reason given that adequately explains why she has this incredible skill in archery.
[quote="Krug"]
Spadge wrote:
she's only been 'awake' for a very short amount of time. It takes a lifetime of constant training to become a master archer,

Well, I was sort of trying to imply that while part of this knowledge is indeed Brenna herself, some of it is also somewhat.. programmed. In other words, it's... artificial, just like Brenna. I know that may be a bit iffy, but that's what I meant. The basis was there and indeed due to what she knew how to do already, but some was programmed. Besides, maybe Brenna HAd been training constantly. Nobody knows. I don't even know.

Krug wrote:

I only worry about this, of course, because of her recent insanity- and how bad being a loon and a really good archer might end up. :V

inb4 Brenna decides to reenact the plot of The Hunger Games.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:59 am

Bah, unless it creates a whirlwhind of rage, who really minds all that much?

Let it slide, I say. We're all here to have fun, and new members are valued and other such nonsensical rambles.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 am

I have given my accept of this character and I won't rescind it. I will be watching how she's played closely however, to assure there is no misuse of this (in my opinion only) weak and irrelevant skill in archery.

I believe that makes three accepts unless someone would like to add something more.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:21 am

I assume this is accepted.
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:42 am

Added two new achivements for an unspecified amount of Gamerscore. You might need to buy the DLC required to view them, though.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:21 am

Quote :
Relationships and Affiliations:

I don't see Carnegie.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Gambit wrote:
I don't see Carnegie.

Do one for everyone. :3
including the late pip newton
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:22 am

EDIT: Heavily expanded the "Relationships and Affiliations section, and made some minor changes to "General Information," though still not all characters Brenna has met are included, as some don't have forum pages and I'd like to link to them.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:28 am

That relationships/affiliations thing is genius. I'll have to do one for Shaw and Java.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:32 am

Hyperiant wrote:
That relationships/affiliations thing is genius. I'll have to do one for Shaw and Java.

Highly agree. <3

Love the way you set it all out, Crit, quotes and links and all.
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:52 am

I say BBCode was invented for a reason.

This is that reason.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:07 am

Critical Tortoise wrote:
I say BBCode was invented for a reason.

This is that reason.
I'm laughing so hard
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:21 am

EDIT: Added theme song ("Heretics and Demons" from Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary); edited Relationships & Affiliations section.
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:42 am

EDIT: Added two achievements: "The Origins of Dubstep" and "Soulware Upgrade."
Back to top Go down
Bradburns
Scrub
Bradburns

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Funny that Brad Burns isn't in the journal, after he made Brenna go insane for a day xD
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Bradburns wrote:
Funny that Brad Burns isn't in the journal, after he made Brenna go insane for a day xD

You speak as if that's some sort of grand achievement
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 am

Well for one I myself don't know who the fuck you are, and considering how forgetful BRenna can be, she wouldn't know either.

PS: Making Brenna go insane isn't possible

she's already insane to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Critical Tortoise wrote:

PS: Making Brenna go insane isn't possible

she's already insane to begin with.

Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 RHsbn

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

MAKE BRENNA INSANELY IN LOVE WITH DUNCAN!

BET YOUR SQUIRE BUCKS GUYS,

I'M GONNA RIDE THE ALPHA TRAIN AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Every squire dollar I have against Duncan.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:55 am

Cakebread wrote:
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

MAKE BRENNA INSANELY IN LOVE WITH DUNCAN!

BET YOUR SQUIRE BUCKS GUYS,

I'M GONNA RIDE THE ALPHA TRAIN AGAIN.

Cakebread, you are messing with forces you do not understand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brenna Arrakis   Brenna Arrakis - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brenna Arrakis
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-