Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fe Gle Noch

Go down 
+4
Jackxter
Spadge
Pat
PhoenixRhapsody
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:43 am

Fe Gle Noch Ash_go10

Fe G'le No'ch

Powers
Quote :
It has only two active powers and four passive abilities.

The active powers are:

1. Ash cloud - Can take every speck of it's being and explode it into a cloud of toxic ashes, making it capable of slipping under locked doors, through keyholes, and through pretty much and crevice large enough to have an air current running through it. The effects are also extremely strenuous on the golem, both magically and mentally. This ability is only available for use at 100% health, stamina, and magicka. If it is attempted otherwise, the specks will become "lost" and no longer in the control of the golem's consciousness (it takes severe damage, potentially destroying the golem entirely.) It can also allow part of itself to envelop an enemy, wreaking havok on the outside the body. Effects on the skin of humans, elves, and pretty much any other race that does not have a resistance to chemical burns and fire burns. In the dark, the ash cloud glows like the magma of an erupting volcano.

2. Weapon generation - Being made of such loose materials as ash, the golem can reform its arms into spears. It cannot however make blunt weapons or swords, because loose materials materials tend to break on impact.

As for the passive abilities:

1. Reconstruct - Loose ash is taken from the surroundings directly into the golem, making repairs to damaged parts. This ability cannot be done in any kind of combat, because it requires total concentration from the golem. Takes approximatley five minutes to regenerate a lost finger, an hour for an arm, etc.

2. Phoenix Resurrection - If the golem is smashed hard enough (hard enough to 1-off), the golem will become a dormant pile of ash. After a set time, like three hours, the golem be become conscious again, rising from the pile of ashes back into its normal form. Can only be done once every three days.

3. Condensing - Allows the golem to compact the ash it is composed of into a very hard shell. This makes sharp, nonmagical weapons glance off causing no harm. This too can only be done at 100% health, stamina, and magicka because any imperfections in the shell will spread rapidly along the shell, breaking off the limb where the weapon hit. This is an automatically activated ability (as soon as the golem is at 100%, it compacts the shell.)

4. Fireproof - Fe is made of ashes, which in turn are made of carbon, which does not burn except at the center of dying red and blue super giant stars.

General Stats
Quote :
Strength
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Being made of ash makes lifting heavy objects difficult, but not impossible. Probably only capable of picking up 250 lbs of deadweight at one time. Ash golems are not strong like stone or bronze golems, so don't expect Fe to be picking up any wagons, boulders, etc.

Agility
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Ash is light enough to fly all the way around Aeria several times before settling down, making Fe capable of great leaps and quick movements. When an ash golem condenses a shell, it becomes capable of swimming very quickly even against the current. Fe can easily outmatch even the fastest Mer.

Personality
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Golems of all kinds are not made as social creatures. They do not converse unless they are expected to, usually in grunts and moans with the most basic golems. In more complex golems such as Fe, they speak at the same level as a well educated child.

Will
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Golems are the poster children for dedication. They mostly function as laborers and weapons, designed to do as they are told with efficacy and precision. Fe is no exception.

Combat Skill
Quote :
Generic skill
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Force to learn combat to survive, Fe is capable of combat, but by no means a master. Preferring to avoid combat if possible, Fe generally doesn't have to fight due to its high agility. It is also very quick at making a foe incapable of continuing attacks by making quick jabs to pressure points on various locations around the body. Fe learned all of the pressure points it knows from a blind accupuncturist it met on its travels.

Spear Combat
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Capable of making pike and spears from its limbs, Fe has almost exclusively relied on this form of combat. It rarely allows enemies to get close enough to fight it with anything shorter.

Riding & Mounted Combat
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Fe cannot ride any kind of mount, but instead tends to hitchhike inside the barrels, pouches, etc. of traveling caravans.

Ranged Weapons
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Only capable of physically holding a gun, bow, or sling. Fe does not know how to use or aim any of those items. It can throw small rocks with some efficiency, however.

Unarmed Combat
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Fe has never actually fought hand to hand, preferring to disable opponents by jabbing at pressure points then running away.

Sex: N/A (masculine)
Weight:73 lbs.
Height: 5'11"

Alignment: True Neutral
Deity: N/A

Complete List of Items
None.

Task(s)
    1. Find a meaning in life. Current

2. Destroy all information on the creation of golems. Current

Biography
Spoiler:

Munroe wrote:
You should include a footnote that says if the golem's ashes are all spread out, it dies for good. Or something like that.

I had been thinking about that. I have decided that if Fe has the remnants spread out too far away, it loses control over it. The range would be approximately 12 feet, give or take a few feet depending on how damaged the golem already is. The Ash cloud that everyone seems so skeptical about now has a stipulation attached: It glows bright like hot magma in the dark, and cannot be inhaled. Instead it causes mild to severe irritation to the skin after prolonged contact. It also does not give the powers of flight, it is more like a rolling fog on the ground.

Last edited by PhoenixRhapsody on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:47 pm

After talking with him, I'm going to give my Accept. I like the concept and the story, and so far you've shown yourself to be a great rper.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:55 pm

I'll put in my accept as well. The ash cloud thing I'm a little iffy on, but Phoenix has given me reason to believe he won't abuse it.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Though I didn't have long to roleplay with him in game, he seemed like a prett cool character. I'd gladly give him my accept.
Back to top Go down
Christoph
Almost-Member
Christoph

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm an elitist fuck, and am going to deny this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm going to go ahead and call zombie bullshit on this. The ability to spy on roleplay by going under doors like a stupid fucking ash cloud is in my opinion completely and utterly unnaceptable. Now I have nothing to hide and all, but the idea of someone having the ability to come and go into unnacessable areas at will sort of irks me. I wouldn't have a problem with this character otherwise if you didn't have that ability. So I'm willing to throw in another community accept if you address this issue or at least justify why you should have that power.
No-one should have that power.

EDIT: You scrubs seem to have quite a lot of double standards. I find it hilarious that you accept certain characters from people who've just joined the community and have no credibility, who arguably post characters with overpowered unnaceptable powers, whilst you seem to deny most other characters from others with a long line of good roleplay and responsibility on the terms that their character is overpowered. Really, guys? I've also noted that you love accepting the female characters. What, you want them to suck your cock or something? Have a look over the character and note the flaws and overpowered traits before throwing an accept.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Quote :
I'm going to go ahead and call zombie bullshit on this. The ability to spy on roleplay by going under doors like a stupid fucking ash cloud is in my opinion completely and utterly unnaceptable.

thing is it'd be less 'secret ash cloud that can spy on anything and sneak anywhere' and more 'oh god random ash cloud obscuring your vision and choking you shit'
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:51 am

Quote :
Can take every speck of it's being and explode it into a cloud of toxic ashes, making it capable of slipping under locked doors, through keyholes, and through pretty much and crevice large enough to have an air current running through it.

They can still go under doors and listen to RP. It's not like he has to attack in his ash cloud form.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:33 am

I think Pat means that if he tries to slip under the door he'll be pretty damned easy to spot. He'll be an ash cloud entering your room, choking your shit unintentionally.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:37 am

wait, why is choking your shit better than spying on your shit?
there's no way to avoid dying from that without using an occitanian gasmask.

i mean, imagine him turning into an ash cloud and deciding "i'm going to kill that guy!", so he just follows him everywhere as an ash cloud until he suffocates and dies.

and swiping conventional weapons and even firearms wouldn't have any effect on an ash cloud.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 am

From the description with the high requirement of magicka usage, it appears this power can only be used for a limited amount of time. So if you see it all you have to do is hold your breath.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 am

Jackxter wrote:
From the description with the high requirement of magicka usage, it appears this power can only be used for a limited amount of time. So if you see it all you have to do is hold your breath.

it says he can enter people's bodies though, which would only need about a single breath or a second of keeping the nose or mouth open.

and i think the average person can only hold their breath for like 2 minutes, if they're in good shape.
3 is around what free-divers who go diving 6 or 7 times a week can manage. above 4 or 5 is simply amazing.
Back to top Go down
FNox
Scrublet
FNox

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 am

Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:22 am

Naw it says he 'allows himself to be inhaled'. I think that just means he lets part of his form go so it can fuck up your lungs, not that he force-feeds himself to you. Though it kind of contradicts what was previously said about him being able to slip through cracks and keyholes which implies he has a lot of control of this form. Dunno, maybe the author can clarify the limitations of this ability?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:14 am

Although Phoenix has put a lot of effort into this, and it is technically lore-accurate, I'm still not sure it's in acceptable territory. There seems to be ambiguity about Fe's abilities, and they could be easily abused. I don't know how responsible Phoenix is as a role-player, but I tend to deny these kinds of things regardless. Oh, and it's a golem. That can't die. That's kind of a huge problem. I like the current atmosphere of Aeria; there are mostly somewhat ordinary human characters with the really powerful, magic stuff kept few and far between. An ash golem walking around town shatters this completely. And not being able to die? That's practically begging for powergame. Anyone that kills this golem - can't. And gets choked to death by toxic ash. You should include a footnote that says if the golem's ashes are all spread out, it dies for good. Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:22 am

I have made some changes to the abilities, both passive and active. Please consult the last paragraph. That is where I made my footnote on my revisions. I completely agree that the ash cloud was OP if it could sneak like a master thief and choke the crap out of anything, so I decided to change that by making some gameplay changes. To a dwarf seeing a construct, which is what a oolem is, this would be no more abnormal than seeing a dog or cat on the street. When you take into mind that golems are not all-powerful deities, you'll see that my character is actually no more powerful than a standard magic wielding mage. Munroe made a valid point to say that I have possibility for power gaming with this character, and I do not take that lightly. On the other hand my character is incapable of using items such as weapons, tools, and clothing.

I would like to make a point that I am allowed one week for a new character, whether it is accepted or not. During this time I will allow complete scrutiny of both my RPing, and my character. If after week it seems all right by the majority of those who RP with me, then we keep it. If I get denied by those who RP with me, because I show signs of being irresponsible, then by all means scrap this character. You will find that I am very dedicated to playing serious. One week.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:34 am

Well, with the way the ash cloud looks now it seems like more of an "fuck this, leg it." button, which I'm okay with.

I have a question though, in its original solid form, how loose are the ash particles? Enough far apart to be swept away with heavy swipes from a broad object or a gust of wind etc?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:40 am

Pat wrote:
After talking with him, I'm going to give my Accept. I like the concept and the story, and so far you've shown yourself to be a great rper.

If Pat likes it, then sure.

I'm personally impressed with the clear fact you've read up on the lore, the fact your backstory is very nice and that this is a lovely, refreshing concept.

If it's abused, it's not too hard to just move it back into approval.

Accept for you, sir.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:16 am

Ehm, I'm going to accept this, but if in a week you're beating down doors and being the 'ho ho friendly giant' character, I'll rape you.
Anally.
With no lube.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:27 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
To a dwarf seeing a construct, which is what a golem is, this would be no more abnormal than seeing a dog or cat on the street.

I would argue that golems aren't (or shouldn't be) that widespread, but that's not my decision to make. Other than that, it seems okay. I shall accept this.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:34 am

Munroe wrote:
PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
To a dwarf seeing a construct, which is what a golem is, this would be no more abnormal than seeing a dog or cat on the street.

I would argue that golems aren't (or shouldn't be) that widespread, but that's not my decision to make. Other than that, it seems okay. I shall accept this.

Minus the accept, I have to agree with Munroe's point about Golems.

After all, some constructs are so powerful, they could be worshiped as gods.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:35 am

Mack wrote:
Well, with the way the ash cloud looks now it seems like more of an "fuck this, leg it." button, which I'm okay with.

I have a question though, in its original solid form, how loose are the ash particles? Enough far apart to be swept away with heavy swipes from a broad object or a gust of wind etc?

Apparently, in his solid form, it's loose enough that a single solid hit from a blunt object or a gunshot would force him into that pile of inanimate ashes. He's only resistant to piercing attacks from normal weapons, like steel swords.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 am

thorogoodd wrote:
After all, some constructs are so powerful, they could be worshiped as gods.
You are right. A golem made of adamantine is a good example. Only one has ever been made, and it cost the lives of an entire village to activate. An ash golem is not powerful like that, and this happens to be the only one that has ever existed because ICly, Anton took the method of making it to his grave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fe Gle Noch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fe Gle Noch   Fe Gle Noch Empty

Back to top Go down

Fe Gle Noch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: